2.01.2010

Arise and Learn

This week I am going to be posting about sweet potatoes, in honor of national sweet potatoe month. Sweet potatoes have so many health benefits for everyone. They are packed full of vitamins A and C. I am going to be trying to use more sweet potatoes to help my husbands cholesterol. I am going to be trying several new recipes and letting you know how they turned out, especially with the kids. If you have any sweet potatoe recipes that you and your family enjoy please let me know, so we can share. Tonight I am going to try sweet potatoe fries.

Sweet Potatoe Fries
Seasoning
1 cup salt
1/4 c black pepper
1/4 c garlic powder
store in container to use again and again

5 sweet potatoes cut into strips-to make a little more tender microwave then let sit before cutting
toss with olive oil-enough to cover

line sheet with parchment, sprinle with seasoning.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 min, occasionally stirring. Let cool for 5-10 min.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am hungry....