1.18.2010

Arise and Remember



A few years ago I stood at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and was overcome with many feelings. His demonstration of love for all people is astounding for me and I hope for you. As M.O.M.s we get the great honor of passing on this knowledge and example of this great man down through our generations. I know that there is so much more to be taught because of the experience my daughter had last year in school. My daughter came home crying one day and I asked her what was wrong she said "This boy at school stood up and said that he hated all white people." I was in shock. This was my first experience with this type of behavior and was grateful for the opportunity to teach this young girl. How have you taught your loved ones about equality and love for all?

1 comments:

Lynnette said...

That is so lovely! My quote for the day is:
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Poor kids get caught up in all the judging and chaos in the world. I'm glad your daughter has a kind mother to guide her in the right direction. I love you Cobi. I read in the book A New Earth that people have what he calls pain bodies, best described as egos, and that sometimes there are group pain bodies. He said that African American people have a pain body that has to do with all the negative hatred that has gone on since the days of slavery. I believe that MLK Jr. was helping to heal this pain body. My children are an inspiration to me with their unconditional love that they show to people who are not only different but unkind. I think the more we teach our children to love and forgive, the better this world will become.
Peace be with you on this day of celebration. <3